Our Bishop Drumm Birthday Committee; (Left to Right) Joyce Leto, Helen Bell, and Margaret Riccio
The Altar and Rosary Society invites all women of our parish community 18 years and older to join our organization. Formed in 1958, we are the oldest organization at St. Anthony as well as one of the most active and rapidly growing organizations.
As members of the Altar and Rosary Society, our objectives include:
1. Cultivate and promote greater devotion to Our Blessed Lord through the Queen of the Most Holy Rosary
2. Furnish the adornment of the Altar and Sanctuary
3. Promote activities within our parish community.
4. Support the needs of our community as Charitable Stewards of Jesus Christ.
In addition, here is a partial list of our ongoing activities:
1. Offer a monthly Mass for all living and deceased members of the Altar and Rosary Society. This is held on the first Sunday of each month, beginning with the Rosary at 7:25 AM.
2. All available members participate in the Rosary offered at the funeral home upon the death of a member as requested by their family.
3. Bake and decorate cookies for the St. Vincent de Paul Christmas baskets.
4. Supply homemade desserts for the annual Knights of Columbus Lenten Fish Fries.
5. Run and bake for the Parish Annual Fall Festival Bake Sale.
Our meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month except (June, Julyand August). We begin praying the Rosary at 6:00PM in the main church, followed by our regular business meeting in the lower church at 6:30PM where members will enjoy refreshments and a short program. The installation of our new members will be held during our October 4th meeting.
Our Officers for the 2018/2019 calendar year are:
• Michelle Fournier - President
• Ellen Celsi - Vice President
• Sue Augustin - Treasurer
• Donis Cariglino – Secretary
From Left to right, Michelle Fournier - President, Ellen Celsi - Vice President, Donis Cariglino - Secretary, Sue Augustin - Treasurer